We are always looking for amazing people to join our team. Note that this position can be applied for if you live in, or are willing to move to, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Cincinnati, Kansas City, or Davenport. If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full
Find Your Purpose
The connector. As a Capacity Executive for GTI USA you will be responsible for coordinating the movement of all shipments within your assigned loads. A Capacity Executive must build strong working relationships with each of their carriers. Along with the carrier relationship, you must work well with the account managers to ensure customer expectations are consistently exceeded. You will negotiate rates with our large base of existing carriers and enforce our service standards while establishing new relationships as well. We are looking for individuals who work well with a variety of personality types and ensure individual, team and company goals are met.
On our team, you will be an integral part of our culture, “Communication, Motivation, Support.” We allow our motivated employees flexibility to achieve their goals in a multitude of ways. Driven, knowledgeable and results oriented individuals thrive in our environment.
Your Day-to-Day Impact
- Communicate performance expectations to the carrier for each load. I.E. pick-up dates & time, delivery date & time, special requirements, etc. (Track & Trace)
- Build strong working relationships with carriers on assigned loads
- Identify carrier performance issues, work to resolve those issues with carriers, and escalate events to management team as needed
- Perform carrier-specific “needs analysis” in order to identify potential business opportunities and develop problem solving strategies for successful carrier operations.
- Negotiate carrier contracts, including rates, accessorials, and payment terms in accordance with Finance, Legal, Senior Management principles.
- Resolve day-to-day issues that arise in a timely and efficient manner.
Essentials For Your Success
- Drive, assertiveness, passion, logic and dedication to succeed in the logistics industry
- Ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work in a blended role of operations and sales
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical ability
- Willingness to travel, as needed
What You’ll Love About Us
- Unique opportunity to join a team that puts culture and people first
- An opportunity to challenge the status quo, come to the table with innovative ideas, and have your voice heard
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- PTO, sick days, and VTO
- Paid holidays
About GTI USA
GTI USA Inc. is a world-class provider of customized transportation brokerage and logistics solutions and recently opened our 5th office in the states with the plan to expand into 12 U.S. markets. We are the operating expansion of the Canadian GTI Group and strive to provide the highest quality freight solutions and services to our customers. To learn more, please visit thegtiusa.com. If you think you’d be a great asset to our team, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to meet you!
GTI USA Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and impactfully create together.
Why Work with GTI USA?
More experience, resources, and equipment.
Rapidly growing and expanding.
Goal of creating the right culture and opportunities for our employees — we are a family!
We take care of our employees first, so they can take care of our customers and carriers.